Thursday, January 31, 2008

The color of January is GARNET

If Knittery can post on the last day of January with her garnet colored project and get away with it, then so can I.

Since my Green Bargello quilt can in no way be construed as resembling a garnet for the month of January, I will have to do something I am adverse to do. I will have to publish a picture of a quilt before the intended recipient gets it. I think it is okay because I don't think she ever looks on here and it is in such an early stage of con- struction that she will still be surprised if she does. So here it is-->

This is how most of my quilts start--lots and lots of strips. This one has two sets of garnet-y color so I am forgiven (by me) for doing August's color in January. This will also be all you get to see until after I give it away in March.

I did finish a garnet colored project, too, but I, as is so often the case, forgot to take a picture of it before giving it away. Just imagine a deep, red, fleecy blanket with Chuggy's initials, will you?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2/01/2008 11:57 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

Only six? They look like they flow nicely. Do you have another ivory to slip in?

 
At 2/02/2008 1:58 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Yes, only six, and yes, I probably do have another ivory to slip in IF I wanted to, but I don't.

 
At 2/05/2008 11:37 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

So this is not for me since I visit your site frequently -- when I find you've been posting.

 
At 2/07/2008 11:21 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I would say for you to keep your camera in the sewing reom. That way you can take pics of your progress as well as the finished product!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home