Friday, August 24, 2007

Birthstone blogging

Knitterykate and I have come to the conclusion that we need some kind of impetus to keep us blogging more regularly. After more than a year it seems we have run out of steam or something. So this is what we came up with on the way to the airport yesterday.

At least once a month we will write about something that is the same color as the birthstone of that month. We can write more often but the color has to be mentioned each time. We also must do a project of some sort each month using that color. We have to rationalize using a different color if we do. I know Knitterykate can come up with some really crazy rationalizations if she is not watched, so can I. Maybe more so if we are watched.

This is our way of getting back into blogging more regularly and also, getting more projects done. If you would like to join us in our zanity, please do. Leave a comment so we know who you are and so we can peek in on you.

This is August, the birthstone is the Peridot. The color is a sad, yellow-green and it is kind of a dull stone. It reminds us of sleepy sand in the eye. It is not very pretty. We can say that because it is ours. We will skip August and start with the pretty stone in September, the Sapphire.

Ready Knittery? Get set, GO!

5 Comments:

At 8/25/2007 11:27 AM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Happy birthday to me!

 
At 8/26/2007 6:42 PM, Blogger ioi said...

Yes, Happy Birthday! I wanted to comment yesterday, but I never even saw my computer in the whirl of getting our last BBQ together. I hope you had a great birthday this year!

Hugs,
~ioi

 
At 8/27/2007 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great idea...we're so sad about Brigadoon.

 
At 8/27/2007 9:54 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Ready! I've got something for August!

 
At 8/27/2007 9:55 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

BTW Hope you had a happy birthday. And thanks again for taking me to the airport.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home