Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Irises, then


Knitterkate likes irises. I do, too. I grow my orchids indoors and my irises outdoors.

A Japanese iris.
<--------

Here are my Japanese irises enmasse.
-------->

A yellow Dutch iris.
<--------

A blue Dutch iris.
-------->

A bunch of Dutch irises before my resident gopher thinned them out for me.
<--------

A yellow German or bearded iris.
-------->

A blue German iris. This one is really bearded.
<--------

Another blue German iris. More regal. I think he keeps his beard well trimmed.
-------->

Yet another variation of a German iris. This one has more pink in it with a golden beard.
<--------



I didn't realize that I have not caught any of my maroon or white irises on camera. I must be sneaky and catch them when they bloom.

4 Comments:

At 5/09/2007 8:31 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

beautiful!

 
At 5/10/2007 11:09 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I don't really know irises but like them lots and didn't know there were so many varieties. Remember, I didn't go to the Iris(h) show. But next time I will!

 
At 5/10/2007 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love the pale lavender one that is quite fragrant. Do you happen to have one. Also I like the bronze one with purple falls.

 
At 5/10/2007 6:26 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

Iris Smiris. But can they wear a prom dress?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home