Monday, September 10, 2007

Northern Star Quilt

Ahh, September and I don't have a sapphire blue project done, not even close. Does it count that I have one started? Does it count that I worked on it a little? My "studio" has just been a little too warm to really get into any project very far. It is starting to cool off these days so I can't use that excuse much longer.
I'm going to count this one even though it is not truly a sapphire blue. It has blue in it, and that is what counts. I made the rules, so there.

This quilt is a challenge because of all the triangles involved.

The preliminary paste-up.

I do this to determine if I really like the color combination and to figure out the best placement of each color.
Here are the actual quilt pieces partially assembled. They don't really make blocks, more like blocks and strips. As you can see, they are different from the paste-up. I got some feed back from others in the quilting group and I listened!
I can do that.

My trusty work table. It is on stilts to save my back. I could even use another one. (It is also very good for assembling jig-saw puzzles.)

You can see part of my halfway organized stash in the background. When Kedge moved her business, she weeded out a lot of stuff and some of it ended up here. I have all kinds of ideas and plans for it. They mostly involve organizing at this point. I like organizing and can do it anytime, even when it is hot. When it cools off and I get going my quilts won't take me long to finish.

You can also see part of another WIP (work-in-progress). It is the red and white thing draped on the chair. The rest of it is on the ironing board behind me. Ironing is not my favoritest thing to do. It makes me hot and my already hot room hotter.

My computer also produces a lot of heat but I don't complain about it. I like my computer. I don't really like my iron.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9/11/2007 10:41 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Way to go! I thought the rules were to start, work on and/or finish a project. And you did. Are. Makes it easy, doesn't it?

 
At 9/11/2007 11:33 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

The Northern Star is beautiful. I'd be apt to use a brighter rose or hot pink, just to show off the pattern wiith more of a contrast

 
At 9/18/2007 8:19 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

I've just decided, the lovely pastels you have chosen ARE lovely and the contrast is just enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home