Sunday, November 18, 2007

Boxes

Isn't this horrendous? What does your garage look like? There is a perfectly good pool table under all that stuff. It is just too easy to put something there instead of taking the time to find a good home for it.

Why do I keep empty boxes? I have a three car garage that barely fits two cars in it because of all the boxes. Well, them and the pool table and the unused sectional sofa and bikes and old computers, but they are completely covered in boxes so it might as well be just boxes. Nearly all of them are empty, too.

I should just toss them out but I can't do that. I might NEED them some day and if I throw them out then I won't HAVE them anymore. Being a compulsive pack rat is not pretty. My only redeeming feature is my love affair with organizing stuff. I have empty box inside of empty box inside of empty box ad nauseum. I challenge you to get more useless stuff neatly packed away than I do.

(I hear you Kedge. I will be over sometime this week.)

I want my garage back. And I want to play pool on my pool table sometime, too.

There, I did it. I put over 40 of the boxes where Da can trip over/find them the next time he feeds the dog. Then he will squash them and put them in the recycle bin for pick-up tomorrow. Hopefully, I will still be asleep. If I don't see it done it is not as painful. I think it will take more than one pick-up, though. When he is done with that batch, I'll get the rest. Right now I can't get to them 'cause some other boxes are in the way.

Edit: The egg crate mattresses on top of the pile are kinda the color of November's birthstone, the topaz.

4 Comments:

At 11/19/2007 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're complaining about!

 
At 11/19/2007 4:05 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

I want to play pool.

 
At 11/26/2007 11:52 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I thought the agreement was to work on a project that was the color of that month's birthstone? Looking at an egg carton hardly qualifies for a project. But cleaning out your garage does sort of qualify. I accept...only if the job gets done!!!!

 
At 1/02/2008 12:33 AM, Blogger The Chatty Housewife said...

I started throwing out boxes once I realized that I could find enough change in the bottom of my purse to buy a brand new perfectly sized box at rite-aid on the way to the post office. It was a great discovery for my garage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home