Monday, March 10, 2008

Ahhhh... I wish you could smell these flowers.

The daffodils are winding down but my hyacinths are blooming like crazy. They have such an intoxicating scent that I had to cut some and bring them inside. Da likes to sit in the sun on the south side of the house and these grow in the north yard. Nobody but me enjoys them there. So I have vases all over the place and the house no longer smells like Chase--one vase in the kitchen, one in the breakfast nook, one in Da's office, one on the key shelf by the front door and this one upstairs by my computer/sewing area. The next vase will go in my bedroom.

In other news--I have quit doing quilts for the time being. After finishing three quilts in two months I am all quilted out and no longer want to see another quilt. Too much of a good thing and all that. I want to crochet now. I even bought some nice blue yarn as if I didn't have enough yarn in my stash already. Come the hot days of summer I'm sure my tune will change, but for now, crochet it is.

Except I have ideas and plans... I did go to a quilt show last month... it made me feel like such an amateur--I need to get more experience... they were so colorful and pretty and nicely done... not like last year's show at all... oh well, maybe next month.

P.S. I will post pictures of the last quilt after it is gifted on Saturday.

3 Comments:

At 3/10/2008 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house did smell lovely today. And I know that the quilt will be a huge hit when it makes its debut.

 
At 3/11/2008 10:28 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

So pretty! Bring some to my house! I love to have flowers all over.

 
At 3/13/2008 11:16 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

I love the fragrances of spring. I have a few pink hyacinths and my camellia wafting in the breeze. I don't remember ours in San Leandro having smells, do you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home