Monday, July 17, 2006

Stargazers

I brought them in 'cause he won't go out to enjoy them. I won't either 'cause it is just too hot, and humid. ICK. When I first brought them in I had to take them right back out again. It seems that everybody enjoys them. After I knocked off a grasshopper and some spiders I allowed them back in. These are Stargazer lilies of the Oriental hybrids. This bunch scents the air all over the house! I have them in a pot because the gophers enjoy them too much. When they drop their petals they will go back out, but for now we are enjoying coming home to a lily scented house. The Oriental lilies are the ones that smell so nice. These are called Stargazers because they look up, unlike other Orientals that are always nodding down.

10 Comments:

At 7/18/2006 7:36 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

They're beautiful even though they are somewhat orange. Do they make your eyes itch at all?

 
At 7/18/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Wow! What pretty orchids! So prolific, too.

 
At 7/18/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

They are not really orange at all but a dark pinkish red. The late afternoon sun made them look orangey. No itchy eyes but the pollen stains. Kafryn, they are lilies not orchids. Your reading comprehension needs to be updated.

 
At 7/18/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

Maybe they sell lilies to canadians and call them 'orchid's because they can charge more...

 
At 7/18/2006 10:16 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

So Sorry! I speed read and miss the important parts. I do get all the "thes", "ands" and "buts" but not the nots. Actually, when I was typing I was hoping it was orchids I saw because I did not want to go back and re-read your blog. I have better things to do. Like laundry.
And I'm not Canadian.

 
At 7/18/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

pretty afternoon light!

 
At 7/20/2006 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah get it right mom! they are lilies. lol anyways i'm going to go make my cold coffee drink now.....

 
At 7/20/2006 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah mom, i knew they were lilies! Is that why you were wearing 2 pairs of glasses today? Actually I didn't know they were lilies...I lied, sorry.

 
At 7/20/2006 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lied?! I'm pretty sure that's on the no-no list too.

 
At 7/20/2006 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right :) I'm sorry!!!!!! I repent!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home