Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Pomp and Circumstance

Saturday was the hottest of the year so far. We sat in the sun with umbrellas waiting for the ceremony to start. We had to laugh in unison as our arms were wet with sweat and we stuck to each other in the closely spaced chairs. But it was worth it to see Ta get her diploma. Except we couldn't see her because she was so far away. We did hear her name called out and we took a picture of the stage at the appropriate moment. We all wished she hadn't given me her cell phone to carry because she lacked pockets in her robe. She later told us that others were on their phones constantly. She could have told us where she was in the crowd on the stage. We could have found her easily afterwords. Moral: Always keep your cell phone with you in a crowd.

You can see the necklace I gave her. It is a turtle that I got at the Supreme Court in Washington DC. There it represents the slow but steady pace that justice takes. I thought it was fitting for Ta. Here she is! I'm so proud of her.

3 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 9:20 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Neat! She's just like I was. I finally got my diploma but it took me awhile. I should have a turtle too. Congrats.

 
At 6/21/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

congrats!!!! My Ta has nice teeth.

 
At 6/21/2006 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love leis. Did you order it 'special? Are those orchids?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home