Thursday, June 08, 2006

Orchids


I love orchids. Who doesn't? They were the flower of choice for my wedding bouquet.



I have been intrigued by them since forever. They are so intricate.

Right now I have 21 plants of assorted varieties. Some are easier than others but I like them all. Of those 21, three are blooming
(see them?) and four more are in bud about to bloom.

And the blooms will last for weeks!



Some of them even have a fragrance that will fill a room. Not these ones, though, they are just for looks.


I wish my photographs would do them justice. These photos just do not show their true color and pizazz! Maybe if I tried doing it in the daylight?


Nah, night time is my time.

5 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 7:16 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

We have quite a few orchis that need some tlc, do you take in strays?

 
At 6/08/2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Kedge said...

Keren kills orchids. Maybe I should contract as an Orchid Obliterator?

 
At 6/08/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Very pretty. You could probably get some very good pics if you took them outside in the shade. It doesn't have to be in the AM either.

 
At 6/09/2006 12:50 AM, Blogger Jailgy said...

"...Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me..."

 
At 6/09/2006 8:07 AM, Blogger Kedge said...

Don't remind me; I had to learn Lady-Liberty's text at Sullivan School. To music. With the whole 4th grade. That and Hiawatha. groan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home