Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The first post

This blog place seems to be very easy to handle.

Ta is coming home from Chicago tomorrow. She has gone through the orientation thing for her new internship that starts next month. She will be in Idaho for 5 months. She has a week before leaving to buy all the stuff she needs like hiking boots and jeans and then pack up her car. We already got it serviced and fixed up to go. After being there about a week she will fly home and walk in the graduation ceremony at UCR and then turn around and fly back. I hope her arms hold out.

After rearranging rooms and stuff, I finally have the big room upstairs mostly organized. I even had room to make a quilt for the new baby girl of my niece, secret-agent-josephine. Well, she is not exactly new, she turned 4 months old last week. The quilt turned out very nice, it is all red flannel and red satin on one side, and a creamy soft terrycloth on the other. Very rich looking. I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to her but she promised to take one for me.See more here

I am doing good in using my new treadmill--30 minutes a day 3-4 times a week for a week now.
Today I feel like I accomplished a lot. Treadmilled, vacuumed the whole house, even the stairs, folded all the laundry that I forgot about yesterday, and spent hours in the yard planting flowers and pulling weeds. Got sweaty and a little sunburned. Da and I rearranged the family room again and I finished reading this week's US News and took a nap. I even started a new blog!

The cyst, that I had removed yesterday, itches now. Driving to the surgeon and back took up 2 hours so that is why I forgot the laundry. That and the fact that I had to stop at Home Depot to get some new flowers and then start refilling the color bowls on the front porch. Da had put the loads through the machines for me but he doesn't do folding. Then we had dinner at Mom's and then meeting.

Maybe nothing will happen tomorrow. No, I go to the airport...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I just love the blanket! How ingenious to think of all the textures. And the back! Nice and snuggly. Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home