Friday, May 26, 2006

Ta home

Ta is home again. For a week anyway. Her flight was delayed for two hours which caused us to miss reading meeting. She called us when we were 15 minutes from the airport to say that she was just then getting on the plane in Phoenix. I guess we should have called the airline before leaving home like they always say you should. We usually do, but not this time.

I tried to call En to have her check on her computer when the flight was expected to arrive but her computer wasn't on and we didn't have the flight number and she was groggy 'cause I woke her up. She keeps even stranger hours than I do. Oh well, maybe I need a laptop.

We used the extra time to eat dinner at Taco Bell and have a coffee at Starbucks. Then I read the whole of the Taco Bell nutrition guide. Turns out that bean burritos are more nutritious than tacos. That is good because that is what I always got for Ta and En when they were little. Easier for little kids to eat, anyway. Then I reorganized the navigation system in the car. Got rid of stray markers and markers that I don't go to anymore and set new markers for the different airlines at the airport. With both kids soon to be living away from SoCal I think we will be going to the airport a lot more frequently. I sure hate to have nothing to do. Should keep a copy of Reader's Digest in the car or something. I don't have any portable handwork going on at the moment. Just don't feel crafty right now.

Ta seems excited about the internship. It is hard to tell with her, though. She is like her dad in that she doesn't show her emotions much. When we got home, she handed me all the papers and pamphlets that they gave her at the workshop in Chicago and then disappeared into the shower. Then she went out to see her friends. That is exactly what she did when she found out that she was accepted into the program, too. I'm starting to see a pattern.

In those papers she handed me, I found essays that previous interns have written and it looks like she will be having a great outdoor adventure slogging through creeks in flood stage, getting 4x4's stuck in the mud, catching, measuring and counting lizards and butterflies and sage grouse and seeing where all the sage bushes grow. All that interspersed with boring bouts with statistical analysis. She likes statistics, though. And she really liked the course she had on geographical information systems. That means putting all that stuff on a map. I think she was cut out for this job.

1 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I just realized that you have a new blogspot. It's much easier to navigate than the last one. Thanks. My blog can be reached here.(knitterykate.blogspot.com).

Way to go with the exercize. I just started to walk on my treadmill too this past week. I find it's easier to go everyday but Sunday. That way there's no "should I, or shouldn't I?" It's alway "should". And it's the second thing I do everyday. Well, third. First, is my quiet time, second, take La to school, then the treadmill. It's working out well. It's so good to get it over with first thing. email me. I want to know your favorite color and if you have an idea of everyone else's too (the sisters and mom) I'm making something for everyone's b-day and need to know the color they each prefer. It probably will not remain a secret very long, but I will try.

I want to see a pic of H's quilt. Will saj post it on her blog?

Ta is pretty strong to be able to fly so often and so far in two days. One could probably handle it if it were done in a week's time instead:)

Enough said. I need to get back to work. Ebay stuff. CTP stuff. And housework.
Then I get to knit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home