Friday, June 16, 2006

Clear Polish

Today was not very productive or interesting. I feel all deflated because of the internet connection problem at Gramma and Kedge's. The printer is too fancy for the new/old computer. I have an extra printer for Gramma so that is okay, but it takes a USB port and the pc only has two. They are being used for the keyboard and internet connection. So I found an old keyboard that I think still works. I can't get over there to fix it all up until Monday, so I have to have an unsolved problem hanging over my head. I don't like that. I have no idea how to go about solving the internet thing. I want to eventually set up a network between the two computers so they won't need two printers, but the internet connection takes priority. Meanwhile Gramma needs to print her stories for her writing club. I think she is still using her old word processor machine. I did get to polish my nails, though. I use three coats of clear so they don't break and peel.

2 Comments:

At 6/16/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

I know how you feel. Mac's are much easier because they don't have all the virus/firewall problems but I do have to deal with constant upgrades and sometimes the upgrades aren't compatible with printers and such. That's the way they get you. I had to buy a new printer (even though my old one was perfectly good) because my new operating system wasn't compatible. Any my new printer isn't as nice as my old one! Go figure.

Anyway, I'm so happy that you are doing all this for G and K. I knew Grandma would take to blogging. It's the perfect medium for her writerly skills. That's why I'm so drawn to it. Not to mention keeping up with family! What a bonus.

 
At 6/17/2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Kedge said...

I have lugged my laptop into my bedroom and connected to the phone line directly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home