Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Organizing and stuff

I discovered, after lengthy research, that blogging is no fun if there are no readers, and thus no comments. I am not a writer by nature. I am an organizer. So while a lot of my extended family were on vacation or in the hospital I organized my Sim's lives. They are so entertaining. I started a new neighborhood with four brothers. I got them to the top of their respective careers and now I'm working on getting five successful businesses for one of them. That will take me several more nights. I play the Sims2 at night because it is too hot in the day in my computer room. Also, I like nights better.

In the daytime I went over to Gramma and Kedge's house to look after their plants. With my magic touch I got their gardenia to bloom! Ha. Not really. It would have bloomed with anyone watering it. I almost killed their ivy growing in the dining room until I figured to give it a good soak in the sink. It was dry as a bone so the water just ran around the rootball and out the bottom onto my head. I figured out how to water the plants on the other side of the fence. Then I broke their garage door opener. Then I completely forgot to go back on the last day I was supposed to and clean up. Ooops. They will think seriously about having me do stuff there again, I think.

It is hot here, and will be hot for quite a while yet. So I rearranged some stuff to make room around my sewing machine. Then I cut out a sundress. Then I chickened out of sewing it. What if it doesn't fit? Then I remembered why I don't like sewing for myself anymore. Nothing looks good when one is 30+ pounds overweight.

I also updated the meeting room list. Look for it on the meeting room entrance counter. It is pink this time. That is, if I get the one error corrected. 992 not 922. After I discovered that error I then got update number one for next time. I do go around to everyone and ask if there is any new info to put in, new email addresses, new phone numbers, etc. first. It seems that when people see a new list that is when they think of making a change to their entry. No problem. My rule of thumb is to make a new list when there are five changes. We are 20% on the way!

A question for anyone: How do you grow Vanda orchids? I got one for Present Day last month as a challenge. A challenge it is. I did not really know what kind of orchid to expect but it was pretty in the picture. When it arrived in the mail I took it out of the box and the aerial roots were five feet long and it had no pot, just a small basket. The roots were just dangling. Great. Here you see it with the roots kind of looped around the basket to keep them out of the sink. The literature that I could find on the internet said that it does best outside in the summer. Do they know what summer does to plants here? No way am I putting it outside in this dry heat. It is now hanging from the chandalier in the dining room and it gets taken to the sink everyday for a drink. The roots still seem to be drying out and that is not good.

But it is blooming!

7 Comments:

At 7/12/2006 7:17 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

Toby had a vanda... it died. They are beautiful but very challenging. You will have to take a trip to the Orchid Estate in Santa Barbara and get a proper lesson. That place is so fun to visit. I almost got married there I liked it so much.

Also, I agree on the blogging is no fun with no readers. Aren't they back yet!!! I'm getting tired of checking to only see posts about broccoli and Leavenworth. Must go see if Ta Ta has updated.

 
At 7/12/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Kedge said...

An immense thanK you, first for a Keyboard with a worKing K. It's accually (sp? where is spell check when I need it?)working better, larger letters, smaller gaps between buttons. More than that, mom's garden looks wonderful... everything is green and beautiful. I bought you another orchid. It's chartreuse and had buds, like you told me to look for. Mom has just told me to give EVERYTHING a good soaking right now. gotta go.

 
At 7/12/2006 11:02 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Can you come take care of my house while I'm on vacation? It would only improve things around here. Actually, I wouldn't mind if you washed the floors and did the bathrooms. That way when unexpected company comes home with me the house wouldn't smell like cats nor would the house would be dirty. MORAL: never leave on vacation before your kids.

 
At 7/12/2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Gliterwolf said...

I think you will be able to figure it out but you might like going to that Orchid Estate the SAJ mentioned.

 
At 7/13/2006 1:59 AM, Blogger Jailgy said...

I'm already planning a trip to the Orchid Estates!

 
At 7/13/2006 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im posting a comment that i don't have any comments to make. but i did read what you wrote even if i don't have a comment. did that even make sense?

 
At 7/13/2006 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! you wrote! it rained here today. 64 degrees, very pleasant ;) but i weeded another third of our front yard, so at least we have something somewhat in common. oh! and i'm mostly done coloring in one of the posters you got me for my birthday last year. i'm such a grown-up! -N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home