Thursday, June 22, 2006

Reboot

Whew. The day is at a close now. Da and I had our teeth cleaned. Then I took Da home and picked up En for an outing. We picked up some flowers at Stater Bros. and took them to Gramma in the hospital. She looks okay but very tired. She didn't want to let go of En's hand when it came time to leave, but I figured she needed to rest more than visit. Kedge was due to arrive in half an hour and Bcky and the Twizzler popped in and out as I was putting the flowers in a vase. She doesn't sleep well in the hospital and I was sorry we had woken her. Off to Kedge's. Finally. Gramma was too tired and not feeling well enough for us to disrupt her rest on Monday as I had promised so we postponed til today. With En at the keyboard we finally got Kedge and Gramma's internet connection all figured out. The router/modem only needed to be rebooted. How were we to know? Did you even know that you can reboot a router? I thought I would have to reset it but no, rebooting did the trick. En checked everything and figured that was the only thing yet to be tried. She even got a semblance of a network going between the two computers. She downloaded a good spyware utility, too. The printer is hooked up, the driver is loaded and printing happens, howbeit poorly. I cleaned the nozzles and realigned the print head. I think the print nozzles are still a little clogged. It has been sitting around for a good while so I think it will fix itself with a few printing jobs. I put shortcuts to her blog on her desktop. Now we have to get Gramma well and home and rested enough to write something for us.

7 Comments:

At 6/22/2006 2:47 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Yeah! Can't wait till mom starts blogging. (got to get her out of the hospital first!) I think she'll take to it once she gets the hang of the computer ins and outs.

 
At 6/23/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

She will! You and En rock! How long will En be in town? I'd like to say hi and maybe catch and episode of Lost with her. If the Bug allows of course.

 
At 6/23/2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

Hey. I am on Mom's computer and it's working fine. I'm going to bring Joe Cool a drink tomorrow at work. Eric Root did his hair today and Chuggy Pepper liked it. Eric wants to do a Jon Bon Jovi thing. He loves his blond hair and thinks that he could do with a longer style to show off the color more. . I'll need to download some head shots so Jovi Junior can see.

 
At 6/23/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Can you help me? (Of course, you can!) The nozzles (colour only)of my printer are clogged. I've tried cleaning it with alcohol as the techie in London Drugs advised. I've tried to change the cartridge. I've tried to clean the nozzles mechanically (i.e. let the computer do it) and nothing works. Could you e-mail me? (I' never find this again to get your reply if you reply here). Thanx.

 
At 6/27/2006 8:35 AM, Blogger Kedge said...

Is this a joke? Where are your blogs??? WAKE UP!!! Oh, fine. Get me addicted and leave me twisting in the wind. What a pal. It's not like you're busy. Besides, I'm the one with the sticky "K". I have to pound it three or four times. Sometimes "P" too. Or else I get thirty in a row. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPppppppppppp.

 
At 6/27/2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Kedge said...

It's not like I'm not grateful. I am. I just find I use mom's PC more than my own. It's easier. Except when k is in the log in and publish code

 
At 6/27/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

yah! where are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home