Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What color is your eye?

I'm back! I didn't even go anywhere. Just had a bunch of things to do, is all. Still have a bunch of things to do. Yesterday we took En to the airport after stopping to let her say good-bye to Gramma. Then Da and I went to his appointment in San Bernadino for getting his new prosthetic eye. I really don't like that place. It seems that they think we have nothing else to do but wait on them. I don't know how many times they have had us come back. After all, Da had the surgery to fix the eye socket in January. Allow healing time. Get checked. Allow more healing and shrinking time. Get checked. Make the new eye. Wait all day while the guy paints it. What is there to do in San Berdu? I leave Da there while I go to Riverside and get a mammogram. Oooh, fun. Without my supervision they have decided how to paint the new eye. It looks yucky. They matched it to his real eye and that looks yucky. Why did they do that? Oh well, I'm the only one that really sees it anyway so it doesn't really matter. Go back again to see how the fit is. There has been more shrinkage of the transplant. Need to build the prosthetic up some more. I asked them why he made it look yucky. Some stupid answer about balance or something. Since they have to build it up he says it is no problem to paint it a better color. Who wants to see scarred corneas? He only has one, why make it look like he has two? I get to pick what color eye I want Da to have. Yay! We stupidly forgot to bring his old prosthetic to match. It was a copy of a copy of a copy anyway. Go back again. I have lost track of how many times we have gone back there. Yesterday he had to build up the back instead of the front. He had to make a mold. He used molding stuff that a dentist uses. He apologized for the cherry taste. Da's eye socket didn't taste it. After he put the gunk in the socket the office manager (his wife) called him out of the room urgently. Da is wondering how long he has to have this ooey gooey stuff in his eye. I am doing a logic puzzle. Thankfully he came back after just a few minutes. Then he tells us to come back in an hour and a half so he can finish the eye. What? What is there to do in this 106 degree heat in San Bernadino again? Might as well eat. We used the navigator in the car to find a Cold Stone Creamery. Yum. It was right next door to Quizno's so we had a sandwich first. Go back to the office. The eye is done and we don't have to go back for six months. Everyone is happy. On the way home En called. She got back safely to Seattle while we were still on Ramona Expressway.

9 Comments:

At 6/27/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

That reminds me of the time you missed your flight out of San Francisco and before you could call Papa he had already left for the airport to pick you up! There's no doubt that flying is the way to go.

Sorry about all the trouble you had fitting Da's eye.

 
At 6/27/2006 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but it's a pretty eye, now, right? what color did you choose? and answer your phone!! -N

 
At 6/27/2006 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(and fix Ta's blog so it accepts anonymous comments, too!)

 
At 6/27/2006 11:05 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

What's your problem? He sees with his ears, he reads with his fingers, why shouldn't he taste with his eyes? You had me laughing out loud.

 
At 6/27/2006 11:44 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Actually, they let me choose between this or this. Two choices. I chose a dark blue which was better than the other one. Da really has light blue eyes or eye or whatever.

Ta's blog now accepts anonymous comments En-nonnymus.

 
At 6/27/2006 11:47 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Sorry, I left my phone by my blog. I didn't have any pockets today. I also forgot my watch.

 
At 6/28/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

You guys crack me up. En-nonnymus: you aren't so anonymous today. Did you see my spy cam? Gotcha!

 
At 6/28/2006 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to know the cherry flavour was up to par. hope it wasn't that fake cherry stuff.

 
At 6/30/2006 3:45 PM, Blogger Gliterwolf said...

I think the eye looks pretty good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home