Sunday, November 05, 2006

Full of days

Papa went to be with his Saviour this morning at about 7:45 am CST. He was 106 and a half years old or nearly 39,000 days.



I am so glad that Da and I were able to have such a nice visit with him just three weeks ago.

We will remember how he enjoyed that meal from KFC and how he enjoyed hymn 162--What rich, eternal bursts of praise...


Here he is with his family when he was the youngest, circa 1900. Yes, he is wearing a dress. They did in those days.

We are returning to SPI just in time to see all the colorful leaves ...
gone, wouldn't you know?

4 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know. I really enjoyed the few times I had together with him.

 
At 11/05/2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

I'm so happy you were able to spend that little time in October with him. I'm sure he enjoyed going out to eat, even though it did make him tired. Have a safe trip back East. Give a special hug to Da's sister for me.

 
At 11/06/2006 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Planut! That was beautiful. What a touching, itsy-bitsy biography. Just perfect, just right. I always thought he had such a serene face, now a radiant one, to be sure!

 
At 11/06/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Ohhh! Thanks so much for letting us know. He will be missed. What joy for him now! Face to face with his Saviour and re-united with H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home