Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ta-da!

As promised, here are the pictures of the triple Irish chain quilt that I just finished. It was a hit at the general shower. People just oohhed and aahhed over it so I guess it is not as funny looking as I had feared. Or maybe everyone was just being polite and didn't want to hurt my feelings. Either way the bride-to-be and her mom sure liked it so I guess that is all that matters. The bride's mother said that the bride already has a navy dust ruffle and navy pillow shams. I think that is what is missing in my mind. My pale bed skirt just doesn't help. I can see how it could be very striking with the navy background and accent pieces so I think this quilt is redeemed in my eyes. It really needs the toning influence of navy blue. Now that is all the incentive I need to go ahead and make some matching throw pillows. They will be for the personal shower for the bride. I know, not very personal, but she can throw them.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 9:16 PM, Blogger Gliterwolf said...

I think it is safe to say that you fall into the talented quilter catagory.

 
At 10/23/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Wow! What a lot of work and so pretty.

 
At 10/25/2006 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and it will look very nice with navy blue "trimmings" :)

 
At 10/26/2006 8:23 PM, Blogger HotRodHanna said...

It turned out really nice! You guys did a great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home