Saturday, October 07, 2006

Triple Irish chain quilt

The triple Irish chain quilt that Gramma and I were working on is now done, or almost. I just have to cover the seams in the back where I sewed the panels together. I'll do that tonight after I make potatoes for ADM. I told Gramma I would get it done before I left for Springfield, and I did. I would post pictures but I don't know if the intended recipient sees this blog and I don't want to ruin any surprise. I'm not very happy with it, though, because it is very busy and the quilt pattern gets lost in the fabric. After this experience I have decided to take the advice of another quilter and not work on quilts unless I have full say in the fabric selection and pattern. That way I won't be stuck spending hours on something that I really don't like. I'll post pictures later in the month and you can tell me what you think.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10/08/2006 12:00 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

It's tricky, isn't it, to put together a quilt, much more when two quilters get together to make one quilt. It's too hard for me. I think I'm color blind and spacially and dimentionally challenged.

 
At 10/08/2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

I'm sorry you are so unhappy with it. The original pattern is a busy one. Perhaps only a single muslin chain would have sufficed. I appreciate all your hard work, wish I could have helped more. cutting out seemed to little. Oh, well, here's hoping you have a great time in Springfield. Thanks for your effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home