Sunday, September 03, 2006

Matchy, matchy (edited)

See, see, see! I match! I love things that match. I especially like blue things that match. Now I'm all ready to blog in the winter. Knitterykate knitted me some socks to match my favorite afghan. (Click the picture, it's better close-up.) It's the one I wrap up in when I'm up late in the winter after Da has turned the heat off and gone to bed. That happens every night. He's a lark, I'm an owl. What can I say?

My feet and ankles always got cold 'cause I would take my shoes or slippers off so I could sit Indian style in my computer chair. Then the afghan would slip and my feet would peek out and get cold. Then I would have to rearrange everything and then my shoulders would get cold. But Knitterykate has saved the day. What a great solution to my dilemma.

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

Now I only have to wait 'til it gets a little cooler than 106 degrees. That is what it has been outside lately. It's not quite that bad in my computer room, but it is the room that is the farthest from the AC/heating unit and it doesn't seem to get very cool or warm compared to the rest of the house. That is good in the winter, Da likes the thermostat set higher than I do. But we get along.

Here they are, on my feet with the blanket in my lap. Not a very good picture but then it is quite warm yet. They fit just right. A little snug going over the heel but that way they won't be falling off when I run down the hall to answer my cell phone that I'm always leaving somewhere besides where I am.

(My matching compulsion makes Gramma crazy because I have to have the quilt fabrics match just so, too.)

4 Comments:

At 9/04/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Kedge said...

You are obsessed. No shades of gray with you... I can ususally squint and convince myself that something matches until I couldn't find a top for a cream colored skirt. grrr

 
At 9/04/2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

You have a good eye for color and pattern and sense of value depth. I'm glad to work with you in picking quilt fabrics.

 
At 9/05/2006 5:59 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I want to see them on your feet so I can know if they fit or not! Or is it too hot?

 
At 9/07/2006 2:54 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I'm so glad they fit! If you weren't allergic to wool I would make you a really soft pair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home