Thursday, October 19, 2006

We missed it

We are back from Springfield.

I thought we would get in on the fall colors. Nope. They were just getting started as we left. Oh well. Another time, maybe.

The squirrels were active with the acorns, though.

I have to get everything unpacked as soon as I walk in the door or I find that things are still not unpacked a week later. That meant that I was up until 2 am. That is not bad considering that I am usually up at that time anyway. But this was different. My body was still on Central time so it was really 4 am to me. And I tried really hard to be up early for Emby's sake while back there, so it really felt like 4 am does to everyone else. Add in the fact that I had gotten up at 7:30 CTD which would be 5:30 am here, and we had a delay in the puddle-jumper first leg of our trip which made us miss all the connecting flights...an extra four hours in the SFO airport and I was exhausted. So there. We finally got home around 11 pm. It seems that my body likes to be on CDT because I am finding it hard to stay up until my normal bedtime of 3 am. Jet lag is good for something--like making me write convolutedly.

The bags are all unpacked and in the garage. The laundry is done and a few groceries are bought. The checks that were in the mail are now in the bank. I even made it all the way down to Walmart to get the newest expansion pack for my Sims. Its for Pets! In my weariness, I purchased some clothes there, too. I will need Kedge or Ladybug to tell me if they are okay. That was yesterday.

Today, Da and I compiled a few verses and hymns to put in large print on cards for Papa. He is so very tired that he feels ill and gets fearful after a bit of exertion like coughing. Reminding him of his favorite hymns really calms him down. The trouble is remembering them ourselves. Before we left Springfield, I went through his old Bible and noted some of his favorite verses. Those, and some peaceful ones are the ones I put on cards for him. He can't read fine print.

We took him out to eat one day, but that over tired him way too much. Then we brought in his favorite meal from KFC and they forgot his mashed potatoes and gravy. Arrgg. Grrrrr. Otherwise, he is doing well. His memory of things is mostly long term. His short term memory is gone. He sleeps a lot and doesn't do mornings. He's my kind of guy.

I am back to blogging. Where is everyone else?

6 Comments:

At 10/19/2006 7:38 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

I'm right here...with a short bout of diarrhea. I'm not really sick, but I really do need to camp out near a bathroom. Glad you're home again.

 
At 10/22/2006 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad i was able to help you get back to your normal schedule tonight by keeping you on the phone until almost 2am! have you noticed that with those lambskin phone cases, the ear you press the phone to can't breathe through the plastic cover?

 
At 10/22/2006 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

also, you should see some of the color changes here. the green bush outside our back door is turning bright red, from the top down, and the trees are changing in diagonal stripes: red on top, yellow in the middle, green on the bottom. it's very pretty.

 
At 10/22/2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

En, take pictures and email them to me. I will enjoy it vicariously.

 
At 10/23/2006 12:21 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I'm here, too. Just back (Sunday nite) from Richland Harvest Party.

 
At 10/25/2006 9:17 AM, Blogger Captin Dan said...

Does SPRINGfield Have a field with SPRINGS in it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home